Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2020 - FALL
Kids (4-8) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL20 - Les Petits Crabes 1 [4-6y old, SAT, Online]
Product Code: 4037-KIDS-4-6y-A1.1-SAT 2020
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Kids (4-8) General French|
|Session||2020 - FALL|
Kids A1.1 (Les Petits Crabes 1)
03 Oct 2020 to 12 Dec 2020
Les Petits Crabes 1 is designed for 4-6y-old non-readers, who are new to French. During three quarters, along with the textbook and workbook “Les Petits Loustics 1” and various action-oriented activities—games, stories, songs, crafts—students will learn vocabulary and basic sentences to identify and present people and objects, and to express feelings. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: None. This class is for complete beginners. If your child has any prior exposure to French, please take a placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Textbook & workbook (not included in tuition): “Les Petits Loustics 1”
• Next course: Les Petits Crabes 2 (Fall 2021).
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
• No class on Nov 28
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.