Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2020 - FALL
Teens (13-18) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL20 - A1 Teens [15-18y, Online]
Product Code: 4058-TEENS-15-18y-A1 2020
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Teens (13-18) General French|
|Session||2020 - FALL|
21 Sep 2020 to 14 Dec 2020
The course A1 Teens is designed for 15-18y-old students who are new to French. During three quarters, along with the textbook "Soda 1" and various multimedia activities, students will cover the first level of the language. They will learn to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes, to talk about plans and to discover the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: None. This class is for complete beginners. Any prior exposure to French? Please take a placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Textbook (not included in tuition): “Soda 1”
• Next course: A2 Teens (Fall 2021)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.