Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2021 - WINTER
Youth (9-12) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
WIN21 - Les Tortues Fast Track [9-12y, WED&SAT, Online, Restricted]
Product Code: 5061-YOUTH-9-12y-A1-WED-SAT 2021
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Youth (9-12) General French|
|Session||2021 - WINTER|
06 Jan 2021 to 13 Mar 2021
Les Tortues Fast Track (A1) is designed for 9-12y-old students who have English reading and writing skills but are new to French. During three quarters, along with the textbooks and workbooks “Les Loustics 1” and “Les Loustics 2”, as well as various action-oriented and creative activities, students will cover the first level of the language. They will learn to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes, to talk about plans and to discover the sense of formality in French language. The workbooks offer a progressive introduction of writing. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: Les Tortues Fast Track FALL20
• Textbook & workbook (not included in tuition): “Les Loustics 1” & “Les Loustics 2”
• Next course: Les Pingouins 1 – A2.1 level (Fall 2021)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.