Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2021 - SUMMER (YOUTH)
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
SUM21 - Virtual Summer Camp W5 Youth [9-12y old] A0 Discovery - Complete Beginners
Product Code: 5180-SummerCamp-W5-Youth-A0 2021
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Session||2021 - SUMMER (YOUTH)|
26 Jul 2021 to 30 Jul 2021
• Week 5: July 26-30.
• Theme: Travel to New Caledonia.
• Level: A0 Discovery (Complete Beginners), for students with no knowledge of French. A great introduction to the language in a fun and interactive camp! Recommended for those thinking about joining our A1.1 beginners course in the Fall.
• Instructors: AFSeattle instructors specialized in teaching French as a foreign language to youth.
• Number of campers: between 4 and 8.
• Description: A mix of French lessons, exercises, and interactive games, managed via the videoconferencing app Zoom, the e-learning platform Apolearn, and daily hands-on projects to do at home.
• Schedule: lesson of the day, exercises and interactive practice (50'); break, away from the screen (20'); exercises, games and daily project (50'). The rest of the day, students will continue to work independently their daily project at home.
• Member-only Early Registration: April 6, 2021, at 8AM - June 1, 2021, at 8AM, $200/week. Regular Registration: Starting June 1, 2021, at 9AM, $250/week. Non-members pay an additional $40 registration fee. Youth membership is recommended to void the registration fee and to get 10% off any additional camp. AFSeattle’s membership perks: https://www.afseattle.org/join/become-a-member/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.