Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2021 - SUMMER (YOUTH)
Your previous selection: B1 IntermediateAlong with the textbook Adomania, the use of French literacy adapted to their age and level in French, and project-oriented activities, students will become independent users of French. They will be able to understand and pursue a discussion, to give their opinion and to adapt and respond to a variety of events in everyday life. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
SUM21 - Virtual Summer Camp W2 Teens [13-16y old] B1 Intermediate
Product Code: 5191-SummerCamp-W2-Teens-B1 2021
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Session||2021 - SUMMER (YOUTH)|
28 Jun 2021 to 02 Jul 2021
• Week 2: June 28 - July 2.
• Theme: Travel to Paris.
• Level: B1 Intermediate, for AFSeattle students enrolled Orques & Narvals, and for new students with a B1 result at AFSeattle's placement test for summer camps.
• Instructors: AFSeattle instructors specialized in teaching French as a foreign language to youth.
• Number of campers: between 4 and 8.
• Description: A mix of French lessons, exercises, and interactive games, managed via the videoconferencing app Zoom, the e-learning platform Apolearn, and daily hands-on projects to do at home.
• Schedule: lesson of the day, exercises and interactive practice (50'); break, away from the screen (20'); exercises, games and daily project (50'). The rest of the day, students will continue to work independently their daily project at home.
• Member-only Early Registration: April 6, 2021, at 8AM - June 1, 2021, at 8AM, $200/week. Regular Registration: Starting June 1, 2021, at 9AM, $250/week. Non-members pay an additional $40 registration fee. Youth membership is recommended to void the registration fee and to get 10% off any additional camp. AFSeattle’s membership perks: https://www.afseattle.org/join/become-a-member/
Objectives of level B1:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- describe experiences, events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans