Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2021 - FALL
Youth (9-12) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL21 - Les Tortues 2 [9-12y, TUE, Online]
Product Code: 5335-YOUTH-9-12y-A1.2-TUE 2021
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Youth (9-12) General French|
|Session||2021 - FALL|
14 Sep 2021 to 16 Nov 2021
• Course Type: Online. Please keep in mind that online youth courses are limited to seven students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
• Course Pace: Regular, 10 weeks, once per week, 1 hour per session on Zoom, for a class-time total of 10 hours per quarter. This is the first class of the level; the enrolled learners will finish the course in June.
• Prerequisite: Les Tortues 1 or Youth A1.2 result at placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Next Course: Les Pingouins 1 (A2.1) - Fall 2022.
• Textbook & Workbook (not included in tuition): Les Loustics 2, which covers the academic year 2021-2022. AFSeattle is closing its store, and has a very limited stock. If the product is sold out, please check the store page for additional options https://www.afseattle.org/store/
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.