Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2021 - FALL
Teens (13-17) General French
Your previous selection: B1 IntermediateAlong with the textbook Adomania, the use of French literacy adapted to their age and level in French, and project-oriented activities, students will become independent users of French. They will be able to understand and pursue a discussion, to give their opinion and to adapt and respond to a variety of events in everyday life. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
FALL21 - A2+/B1 Teens [13-17y, Online]
Product Code: 5342-TEENS-13-17y-A2+B1 2021
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Teens (13-17) General French|
|Session||2021 - FALL|
13 Sep 2021 to 15 Nov 2021
• Course Type: Online. Please keep in mind that online youth courses are limited to seven students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
• Course Pace: Regular, 10 weeks, once per week, 1.5 hours per session on Zoom, for a class-time total of 15 hours per quarter. This is the first class of the academic year 2021-2022; the enrolled learners will finish the course in June.
• Prerequisite: Teens A2, instructor's recommendation, or A2.1 level at placement test https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Textbook & Workbook (not included in tuition): "A la une 3." AFSeattle is closing its store; please check the store page for additional options https://www.afseattle.org/store/
• Next course: Teens B1+/B2 (Fall 2022), upon instructor's recommendation.
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level B1:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- describe experiences, events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans