Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2022 - WINTER
Kids / Non-Readers (4-6) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
WIN22 - Les Petits Crabes 2 [4-6y, SAT, Online]
Product Code: 5395-PetitsCrabes-A1.2-SAT 2022
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Kids / Non-Readers (4-6) General French|
|Session||2022 - WINTER|
08 Jan 2022 to 12 Mar 2022
• Description: Les Petits Crabes 2 is the second course of the Petits Crabes series, which is designed for 4-6y-old non-readers who have some beginner experience (basic sentences to identify people, things, and feelings). For three quarters (Fall, Winter, and Spring), along with the textbook and workbook "Les Petits Loustics 2" and various action-oriented activities—games, stories, songs, crafts— students will strengthen their knowledge about presenting people and things through the themes of the body, toys, and animals. New themes such as food and clothing will be introduced to reach new communication goals. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Course Type: Online. Please keep in mind that online youth courses are limited to seven students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
• Course Pace: Regular, 10 weeks, once per week, 45 min per session on Zoom, for a class-time total of 7.5 hours per quarter.
• Prerequisite: Les Petits Crabes 2 Fall 2021. New students: registration is contingent upon instructor approval and space availability; send us an email to email@example.com
• Textbook & Workbook (not included in tuition): Les Petits Loustics 2, which covers the academic year 2021-2022. AFSeattle has closed its store, but please check the store page for additional options https://www.afseattle.org/store/
• Next Course: Les Lézards 1 (Fall 2022).
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.