Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2022 - WINTER
Teens (13-17) General French
Your previous selection: B1 IntermediateAlong with the textbook Adomania, the use of French literacy adapted to their age and level in French, and project-oriented activities, students will become independent users of French. They will be able to understand and pursue a discussion, to give their opinion and to adapt and respond to a variety of events in everyday life. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
WIN22 - Teens B1+/B2 [13-17y, WED, Online]
Product Code: 5409-Teens-B1+-B2-WED 2022
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Teens (13-17) General French|
|Session||2022 - WINTER|
B2 Upper Intermediate
05 Jan 2022 to 09 Mar 2022
• Description: The course Teens B1+/B2 is designed for 13-17y-old students who are comfortable interacting in French. For three quarters (Fall, Winter, and Spring), along with the textbook "À la une 4" and various other multimedia resources, students will expand their capacity to describe their experiences and to defend their opinions and ideas. They will expand their vocabulary to discuss areas of personal interest, education, and current events. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
• Course Type: Online. Please keep in mind that online youth courses are limited to seven students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
• Course Pace: Regular, 10 weeks, once per week, 1.5 hours per session on Zoom, for a class-time total of 15 hours per quarter.
• Prerequisite: Teens B1+/B2 Fall 2021. New students: registration is contingent upon instructor approval and space availability; send us an email to email@example.com
• Textbook & Workbook (not included in tuition): "À la une 4." AFSeattle has closed its store, but please check the store page for additional options https://www.afseattle.org/store/
• Next Course: Upon the instructor’s recommendation (Fall 2022).
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level B1:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- describe experiences, events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans