Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2022 - SUMMER (YOUTH)
Your previous selection: Online
SUM22 - Virtual Summer Camp W5 Youth [9-12y] A1 Beginners
Product Code: 5560-VirtualSummerCamp-W5-Youth-A1 2022
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Session||2022 - SUMMER (YOUTH)|
18 Jul 2022 to 22 Jul 2022
• Schedule: lesson of the day, exercises and interactive practice (50'); break, away from the screen (20'); exercises, games and daily project (50'). The rest of the day, students will continue to work independently their daily project at home.
• Theme: The general theme for 2022 is "Les Explorateurs" (The Explorers). Each camp will focus on three main secondary themes: Nature, Art, and History. Each camp will offer different activities adapted to the fluency level of its campers!
• Week 5: Jul 18-22 (five days).
• Level: A1 Beginners, for AFSeattle students enrolled in Lézards (only for 9y old this summer) and in Tortues, and for new students with an A1 result at AFSeattle’s placement test for summer camps.
• Instructors: AFSeattle instructors specialized in teaching French as a foreign language to youth.
• Number of campers: Between 5 and 8.
• Member-only Early Registration: March 15, noon Pacific Time to May 31, noon Pacific Time. Regular Registration: Starting May 31, at 1PM Pacific Time (non-members pay an additional $40 registration fee). Youth membership is recommended to void the registration fee and to get $15 off any additional camp. You can purchase a membership any time to have access to the member-only early registration. AFSeattle’s membership perks: https://www.afseattle.org/join/become-a-member/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.