Your previous selection: A2 Elementary
Along with the textbook and workbook and various action-oriented and creative activities, students will be able to have a basic conversation
in French through topics related to their everyday life and environment. While broadening their vocabulary and strengthening the use of
present and future tense, students will approach the past tense and learn how to talk about personal experiences and to give their opinion.
All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL20 - Les Pingouins 2 [9-12y, SAT, Online] - Group 1
Product Code: 4043-YOUTH-9-12y-A2.2-SAT-GR1 2020
||CHILDREN & YOUTH
||Youth (9-12) General French
||2020 - FALL
Youth A2.2 (Les Pingouins 2)
19 Sep 2020 to 21 Nov 2020
Saturday - 2:15pm to 3:15pm
at Online > Virtual Classroom 5
Note: Please keep in mind that each youth class starts in September and takes place over three terms, until June. The school year 2020/2021 will take place 100% online. Online courses are limited to six students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
Les Pingouins 2 (A2.2) is designed for 9-12y-old students who are comfortable interacting in French in a simple way. During three quarters, along with the textbook and workbook “Les Loustics 3” and various action-oriented and creative activities, students will expand their capacity to talk about themselves and those close to them and will learn to talk about events in the past with more precision. They will formulate opinions and will navigate a variety of situations related to daily life. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach. The course will also prepare them for the DELF Prim A2.
• Prerequisite: Les Pingouins 1 (A2.1) or Youth A2.2 result at placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/ Some of our former students in Les Pingouins might be able to join Les Pingouins 2. Please take the placement test.
• Textbook & workbook (not included in tuition): “Les Loustics 3”.
• Next course: Les Orques B1 (Fall 2021)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
A valid registration fee is required in order to enroll in this course
(members are exempt).
Objectives of level A2:
- understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family
information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment, and matters in areas of immediate need.
Required Course Material
Les Loustics 3 (textbook + workbook)