Your previous selection: B1 Intermediate
Along with the textbook Adomania, the use of French literacy adapted to their age and level in French, and project-oriented activities,
students will become independent users of French. They will be able to understand and pursue a discussion, to give their opinion and to
adapt and respond to a variety of events in everyday life. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
Only 1 course available for this selection
FALL20 - Les Orques [9-12y, SAT, Online]
Product Code: 4044-YOUTH-9-12y-B1-SAT 2020
||CHILDREN & YOUTH
||Youth (9-12) General French
||2020 - FALL
Youth B1 (Les Orques)
19 Sep 2020 to 21 Nov 2020
Saturday - 11:30am to 12:30pm
at Online > Virtual Classroom 4
Note: Please keep in mind that each youth class starts in September and takes place over three terms, until June. The school year 2020/2021 will take place 100% online. Online courses are limited to six students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class. IMPORTANT: This is a two-year project-based course covering the B1 level.
Les Orques (B1) is designed for 9-12y-old students who have completed the A2 (Elementary) level: they can communicate using the present, future, and past tenses in simple tasks requiring the most common polite phrases and exchanges of information. During this two-year project-based course, students will expand their capacity to describe their experiences and to defend their opinions and ideas. They will expand their vocabulary to discuss areas of personal interest, education, and current events. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach
• Prerequisite: Les Pingouins 2 (A2.1) or Youth B1 result at placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• No textbook; project-based course during the first year.
• Next course: TBD (Fall 2022)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
A valid registration fee is required in order to enroll in this course
(members are exempt).
Objectives of level B1:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- describe experiences, events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
1 place left!