Your previous selection: A1 Beginner
Students will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves
and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach
future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL20 - Les Petits Crabes 2 [4-6y old, SAT, Online]
Product Code: 4038-KIDS-4-6y-A1.2-SAT 2020
||CHILDREN & YOUTH
||Kids (4-8) General French
||2020 - FALL
Kids A1.2 (Les Petits Crabes 2)
19 Sep 2020 to 21 Nov 2020
Saturday - 9:45am to 10:30am
at Online > Virtual Classroom 3
Note: Please keep in mind that each youth class starts in September and takes place over three terms, until June. The school year 2020/2021 will take place 100% online. Online courses are limited to six students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
Les Petits Crabes 2 is designed for 4-6y-old non-readers, who have some beginner experience (basic sentences to identify people, things, and feelings). During three quarters, along with the textbook and workbook “Les Petits Loustics 2” and various action-oriented activities—games, stories, songs, crafts— students will strengthen their knowledge about presenting people and things through the themes of the body, toys and animals. New themes such as food and clothing will be introduced to reach new communication goals. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: Les Petits Crabes 1 (formerly Les Têtards) or Kids A1.2 result at placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Textbook & workbook (not included in tuition): “Les Petits Loustics 2”
• Next course: Les Lézards 1 (Fall 2021).
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
A valid registration fee is required in order to enroll in this course
(members are exempt).
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Required Course Material
Les Petits Loustics 2 (textbook + workbook)