Your previous selection: A1 Beginner
Students will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves
and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach
future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL20 - Les Lézards 1 [6-8y old, WED, Online]
Product Code: 4051-KIDS-6-8y-A1.1-WED 2020
||CHILDREN & YOUTH
||Kids (4-8) General French
||2020 - FALL
Les Lézards A1.1 (ages 6+ only)
16 Sep 2020 to 18 Nov 2020
Wednesday - 1:15pm to 2:15pm
at Online > Virtual Classroom 4
Note: Please keep in mind that each youth class starts in September and takes place over three terms, until June. The school year 2020/2021 will take place 100% online. Online courses are limited to six students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
Les Lézards 1 is designed for 6-8y-old students who have basic English reading and writing skills and are new to French. During three quarters, along with the textbook and workbook “Les Loustics 1” and various action-oriented and creative activities, students will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, and to express their feelings and tastes. The workbook offers a progressive introduction of writing. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: Les Petits Crabes 2 (formerly Les Grenouilles) or Les Lézards A1.1 result at placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Textbook & workbook (not included in tuition): “Les Loustics 1”
• Next course: Les Lézards 2 (Fall 2021)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
A valid registration fee is required in order to enroll in this course
(members are exempt).
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Required Course Material
Les Loustics 1 (textbook + workbook)
1 place left!