Dictée virtuelle: Annie Lulu
Date: 19 Jul 2023, 6:00pm - 6:45pm GMT-8 Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Hello Francophones and French learners! Join us for your favorite French exercise, the dictée, a virtual event hosted by the Alliance Française de Seattle. We will be exploring an excerpt from Annie Lulu, a
Romanian-Congolese Paris-based writer, poet and translator.
This dictée is non-competitive and recommended for fluency levels of B1 or above.
How does it work?
- RSVP below; free for AF members, $5 for non-members.
- You will receive the Zoom meeting information after you RSVP.
- Join us on Zoom on the day of the event.
AFSeattle instructor Pauline Chateau will be reading the text of the dictée. There are several readings:
- First reading: to discover the text in its entirety (not a dictation).
Dictation: Pauline will read the text slowly, and participants will write down the text as best they can. Usually, sentences and
paragraphs are read at least twice at a slow pace.
- Final reading: to hear the complete text again and look over any forgotten words, mistakes, and punctuation marks.
Pauline will then lead the correction session and reveal the original text. Participants can follow and correct their own versions.
This is the time to discuss new vocabulary, compare mistakes or successes, and have fun as a group!
A chance to win a prize!
All attendees will get a chance to win the book from the dictée during a random draw at the end of the event.
Sorry, you've missed the RSVP deadline for this event.