In 2019, the Alliance Française de Seattle launched a scholarship program for French learners. Scholarships can be valid for any group
class—general, specialized, intensive, workshop, or summer camp.
In 2022, our scholarship program is improving! The Alliance Française de Seattle is expanding its support to families in need with
additional scholarships for young learners wishing to learn French.
Youth Scholarships (4-17)
Types of scholarships
- Partial scholarships, up to 50% off the regular tuition (pre-sale discounts do not apply).
- Scholarships are valid for the full academic year (enrollment in Fall, Winter and Spring).
- Must be a Washington state resident.
- Must be planning to attend a youth course during the full academic year (Fall through Spring).
- Must be a AFSeattle member or become one at the time of enrollment.
How to Apply
Parents or student applying must submit a letter of motivation/interest explaining their family situation, in English or French, to
email@example.com, with the subject "Youth Scholarship Application."
When to Apply
Applications are continuously open, but we highly recommend submitting your application before the Fall quarter in order to benefit from
the full year. Applications received during the academic year will be considered for the Winter/Spring quarters.
Adult Scholarships (18+)
- Must be a Washington state resident
- Must have reached a proficiency level of A1.3 or higher
- Must be a AFSeattle member or become one at the time of enrollment
How to Apply
- An updated resume (adults only).
A letter of motivation/interest stating why you are a good candidate for a scholarship and what you plan to do with the education you
receive, and/or explaining your family situation. The letter can be submitted in English or French.
- The course(s) you wish to apply for.
When to Apply
Applications are continuously open. You may apply for a course that is currently open for registration or for any upcoming quarter.
An applicant can receive a maximum of one scholarship per year.
Sarah-Kate Moore, The Art of Translation, C1
Jeremy Tu, Petits Crabes, A1.1
Karen Bosshart, A2.2
Kiira Gustafson, B1.1
One youth scholarship
Gloria Majule, A2.2
Eva Tourangeau, A2.2
Three youth scholarships
Eva Tourangeau, One-Week Intensive A1 Review
Aviva Levin, World News & Society C1
Majesta Vestal, A2.1
Joshua Smith, B2.2
Sarah-Kate Moore, B2 Review
Vera Deryabina, C1.1
Joshua Smith, B1.3
Sarah Smith, Written Expression B2+/C1
Alfonso Montero, A2.1
Valeria Sanchez-Jimenez, B1.1
Christine Longe, One-Week Intensive A2 Review