PLEASE READ THESE POLICIES CAREFULLY.
Updated January 31, 2024
- Registration is open to all candidates, regardless of the state in which they reside.
- TEF sessions are organized with up to three (3) candidates at a time.
Masks are optional as per Washington and King County guidelines.
2. Cancellation and Rescheduling
If you cancel your test:
- Until ten (10) days before the test: the test fee is reimbursed minus a $40-cancellation fee.
Ten (10) days before the day of the test, for documented illness or other documented emergencies: upon approval of the Chamber of Commerce
and Industry Paris Ile-de-France, the test can be postponed (see Art. 8 below, then "Annulations et reports d’inscription").
Documentation, such as a medical certificate, must be provided in order to be considered for deferral to a future session.
- Ten (10) days before the test with no documented cause or no-shows: no reimbursement.
If you reschedule your test to a different date in the same quarter:
- Until ten (10) days before the test: you will be charged a $40 administrative fee.
- There is no possibility to reschedule outside of the quarter; in that case, cancellation policies apply.
3. Candidate information
It is the candidate’s responsibility to check that their names and details are correct on the confirmation of enrollment, as they appear
on their passport. The same details will appear on the certificate.
- Once set, the schedule of examination dates and times may not be altered.
Test dates may be subject to changes or cancellations in cases of force majeure. The Alliance Française de Seattle reserves the right to
cancel a test.
5. Late arrivals
Candidates should arrive at the time indicated on the invoice, which they have received by email. Late arrivals cannot be
6. Proof of identity
Candidates will be required to bring official proof of identity on their examination day. Only passports, national ID cards, and photo
driver licenses will be accepted. Failure to produce one of the above-mentioned documents will deny a candidate’s access to the
Results are usually available two to four weeks after the examination day. Candidates will be informed by email, by the Chamber of
Commerce and Industry Paris Ile-de-France. No scores will be given by phone to candidates.
8. Official Terms and Conditions
READ THE OFFICIAL TERMS FROM THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY PARIS ILE-DE-FRANCE.
9. Health Conditions
The Alliance Française de Seattle (AFSeattle) applies the guidelines issued for the state of Washington and King County. Please check the
Washington State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19) website for
All candidates must agree to and respect the health conditions related to COVID-19; AFSeattle reserves the right to refuse any candidate who
does not comply with these rules and regulations.
- Candidates should follow King County guidance regarding face coverings.
AFSeattle reserves the right to require candidates displaying any cold-like symptoms to wear a face covering for the duration of the exam
or to postpone their exam session.
- Examiners reserve the right to wear a mask and/or complete the oral portion of the exam by Zoom.
10. Belongings and equipment
AFSeattle can provide headsets for the candidates, but we recommend that candidates bring their own. The candidates are required to reduce
their belongings to the minimum—ID, headsets, one water bottle.