Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2020 - FALL
Kids (4-8) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
FALL20 - Les Lézards 1 [6-8y, SAT, Online] - Group 2
Product Code: 4055-KIDS-6-8y-A1.1-SAT-GR2 2020
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Kids (4-8) General French|
|Session||2020 - FALL|
19 Sep 2020 to 21 Nov 2020
Les Lézards 1 is designed for 6-8y-old students who have basic English reading and writing skills and are new to French. During three quarters, along with the textbook and workbook “Les Loustics 1” and various action-oriented and creative activities, students will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, and to express their feelings and tastes. The workbook offers a progressive introduction of writing. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: Les Petits Crabes 2 (formerly Les Grenouilles) or Les Lézards A1.1 result at placement test: https://www.afseattle.org/placement-tests/
• Textbook & workbook (not included in tuition): “Les Loustics 1”
• Next course: Les Lézards 2 (Fall 2021)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.