Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2021 - SPRING
Youth (9-12) General French
Your previous selection: B1 IntermediateAlong with the textbook Adomania, the use of French literacy adapted to their age and level in French, and project-oriented activities, students will become independent users of French. They will be able to understand and pursue a discussion, to give their opinion and to adapt and respond to a variety of events in everyday life. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
SPR21 - Les Orques [9-12y, SAT, Online, Restricted]
Product Code: 5166-YOUTH-9-12y-B1-SAT 2021
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Youth (9-12) General French|
|Session||2021 - SPRING|
03 Apr 2021 to 12 Jun 2021
Les Orques (B1) is designed for 9-12y-old students who have completed the A2 (Elementary) level: they can communicate using the present, future, and past tenses in simple tasks requiring the most common polite phrases and exchanges of information. During this two-year project-based course, students will expand their capacity to describe their experiences and to defend their opinions and ideas. They will expand their vocabulary to discuss areas of personal interest, education, and current events. All activities are conducted in French with an immersive approach.
• Prerequisite: Les Orques B1 WIN21
• No textbook; project-based course during the first year.
• Next course: TBD (Fall 2022)
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level B1:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- describe experiences, events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans