Order a course
CHILDREN & YOUTH
2022 - WINTER
Kids / Readers (6-8) General French
Your previous selection: A1 BeginnerStudents will learn to construct simple phrases in French. Topics related to their everyday life will allow students to introduce themselves and others, to describe their environment, to express their feelings and tastes. They will also discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
WIN22 - Les Lézards 2 [6-8y, GR 1, SAT, Online]
Product Code: 5397-Lézards-A1.2-SAT-GR1 2022
|Age Group||CHILDREN & YOUTH|
|Type||Kids / Readers (6-8) General French|
|Session||2022 - WINTER|
08 Jan 2022 to 12 Mar 2022
• Description: Les Lézards 2 is designed for 6-8y-old students who have basic English reading and writing skills and some basic skills in French—they can use simple phrases to introduce themselves and describe their environment, feelings, and tastes. For three quarters (Fall, Winter, and Spring), along with the textbook and workbook “Les Loustics 2” and various action-oriented and creative activities, students will strengthen the basic skills learned in level A1.1 while gaining a broader vocabulary. Topics related to everyday life will allow students to discover more verbal phrases and to approach future tense and the sense of formality in French language. All activities are conducted mainly in French with an immersive approach.
• Course Type: Online. Please keep in mind that online youth courses are limited to seven students. If the course is full, please let us know your interest, and we will try to open an additional class.
• Course Pace: Regular, 10 weeks, once per week, 1 hour per session on Zoom, for a class-time total of 10 hours per quarter.
• Prerequisite: Les Lézards 2 Fall 2021. New students: registration is contingent upon instructor approval and space availability; send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Textbook & Workbook (not included in tuition): Les Loustics 2, which covers the academic year 2021-2022. AFSeattle has closed its store, but please check the store page for additional options https://www.afseattle.org/store/
• Next Course: Les Pingouins 1 (Fall 2022).
• Educational Program Policies & Procedures: https://www.afseattle.org/about/policies/
Objectives of level A1:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- introduce yourself and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know, and things they have.
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.